Saturday, July 08, 2006

INARA

As sung by Mal:

V1
Babe, that planet's so far away
There's just somethin' that I will not say
I just think I can hide what I'm feelin' inside another day
Flyin' here with you

And I'm the Captain aboard my ship
You are only rentin' it
If I tell you to stay 'cause my crew needs you, Babe, and walk away
Knowin' I want you?

CHORUS
You're a Companion out in space, I'm the Captain in this race, Inara
This man will leave you all alone, but eavesdrop right or wrong, Inara
You say get out, but bat your eyes and make me realize, Inara
I want you

V2
And here, Serenity's our home
And when we light her shiny dome
You'll be flyin' off free 'cross the 'verse with me and my trusty crew
Just makin' our way through

And I, I gotta shut out this dream
'Cause you can't take the sky from me
If you tell me today that you're flyin' away to somewhere else
I don't wanna lose you

CHORUS
You're a Companion out in space, I'm the Captain in this race, Inara
This man will leave you all alone, but eavesdrop right or wrong, Inara
You say get out, but bat your eyes and make me realize, Inara (oh, girl)

V3
You and I, I know that we can't be
And I swear, I'll leave you all alone girl
A companion just ain't for me

No, this ain't right girl, we'll be on this boat together
But not forever
You can't take the sky from me, ohohohoh

And, knowin' the way I do
I'm not gonna wait my whole life through
Just here wanting only you

No comments: